Volunteer & Front of House Coordinator
The Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center (the Kate) seeks a highly motivated and detail-oriented Volunteer & Front of House Coordinator to join the Kate team in presenting 300+ performances and special programs yearly.
This Part-Time position will work directly with the Box Office Manager and Production & Operations Manager to ensure efficient and accurate recruiting, training, scheduling, and monitoring of the nearly 200+ volunteers who assist in a variety of capacities at the Kate. This position will become an expert at the ‘Kate Experience’ and his/her actions will support the idea that every patron entering our facility has an exemplary experience though their interaction with FOH staff and volunteers.
The schedule will include working 2-4 events per week (often nights or weekends) with some limited daytime office responsibilities. During an event, this position will be highly visible upon patron arrival and departure but may utilize time during performances to coordinate volunteer schedules, answer emails, and prepare for future events. This position will also assume the role of House Manager at least two times per week to ensure continuous volunteer training, consistency, and quality.
This position reports to the Box Office Manager and Production & Operations Manager with additional direction from the Director of Development and Community Relations. This position works in collaboration with the Kate Volunteer Guild Board- an advisory body responsible for volunteer engagement and support. While the Volunteer & Front of House Coordinator is ultimately responsible for Volunteer operations, effective communication flowing between the Kate Volunteer Guild Board and this position will create a positive working relationship for both parties.
The Kate is a very team-oriented atmosphere with staff frequently overlapping in duties and responsibilities. Someone who thrives in a team environment will excel at the Kate.
Front of House (FOH) Coordinator
- Ensure the Kate Experience for all who enter the theater and Museum.
- With the on-duty Administrator, assume responsibility for the safety and security of the building, patrons, staff, and volunteers.
- Train and lead House Managers and ensure the smooth running of the Front of House operation.
- Ensure Front of House volunteer positions are staffed at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service to all visitors of the theater and Museum.
- In conjunction with the on-duty Administrator, deal with any issues raised by visitors
- This position does not have oversight of the Box Office or Bar/Concession operations, but may from time to time support these operations with specific tasks (e.g., distributing will call tickets if there is a line at the box office, or grabbing something that the bar might be running low on)
- This position will act as the House Manager at least twice per week to ensure ongoing training of volunteers is happening and that the Kate Experience is consistent.
- Responsible for recruitment, induction, development, and training of volunteers.
- Conducts coordinated outreach to community members/groups to recruit volunteers
- Conducts orientation for new volunteers and develops processes and pathways for moving forward in specialized roles such as hospitality, house management, museum docent, gift shop, special events, and box office
- Ensure quality training and follow-up for all volunteer positions ensuring a high level of service.
- Oversees and maintains Volgistics, a web-based volunteer scheduling and management tool, confirms assigned roles for shows and programs, and recruits substitutes when necessary
- With Box Office Manager, develops regular communication to Volunteer Guild
- Schedules bi-annual (or annual) meetings for house managers and hospitality volunteers
- In conjunction with the Volunteer Guild Board, plans volunteer appreciation events
- With the development department, assesses needs for volunteers at Special Events (Gala, Oscar Party), and schedules/orients volunteers for such events.
- With the business manager, collects yearly Volunteer Guild membership dues.
- Handle administrative tasks including ordering nametags and volunteer apparel, preparing volunteer rosters for events, inventorying supplies (flashlights, earplugs), etc…
- For More information on Volunteer positions at the Kate, please visit: https://www.thekate.org/support/volunteer/
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THESE QUALITIES:
- Organized, creative, efficient team player with a genuine interest in the Kate’s mission and Patron Experience.
- Able to efficiently manage a wide range of tasks with accuracy, grace, and humor.
- Upbeat with a “let’s do this” attitude.
- Patience to work with individuals from a variety of ages and backgrounds.
- Able to manage multiple projects, meeting strict deadlines and working well under pressure.
- Problem-solver, with the ability to calmly and efficiently rectify situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Discreet, able to handle sensitive information with reliability, maturity, and confidence.
- Able to identify opportunities to make a positive difference.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Commitment to the Kate’s organizational values
- Willing to grow with the Kate and its diverse programming.
The position is available immediately. Hourly rate competitive; based on 20-24 hours weekly. A flexible weekly schedule will be crafted with the Box Office Manager and Production & Operations Manager and will include a minimum of 3 events per week in a leadership capacity. Evenings and weekends a must.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to the Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center, Attn: Robin Menzies via email at Robin.Menzies@thekate.org.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. The Kate is an equal opportunity workplace.
Audio Engineers / Lighting Designers:
The Kate keeps a roster of professional sound and lighting technicians to join and/or supplement our house crew. If you wish to be considered, please send your material and contact information to email@example.com with subject line “Kate Tech Crew.”
Bar / Concessions Staff:
The Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center (The Kate) is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Bar/Concessions staff.
This position is part-time/as needed. Scheduling is completed in month blocks at least 2 weeks in advance and is based on the Kate’s production/show schedule. This position requires evenings/weekends but has great flexibility in scheduling. Shifts are typically 3-5 hours.
Bar/Concessions Staff is responsible for preparing bar/concessions for shows, preparation, cleanliness, Point of Sales/handling money, and restocking.
The Kate’s Bar/Concessions is simple in nature: water, soda, beer, wine, snacks, and basic mixed drinks. Advanced bar-tending skill is not required though favorable. TIPS certification a plus. Hires made without TIPS certification will be required to complete training with organizational assistance.
Individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and have great customer services skills will be most successful in this position.
For more information or to submit a resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.